Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Erik Huey appointed to city's Planning Board

The image “http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:A1tGAIOD10IQmM:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2019/1717189964_566ca38fc9.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. It is with great pleasure, honor and privilege to announce that I was appointed to the Planning Board for the City of Greensboro. The appointment was advanced by Councilman Trudy Wade (D-5) and was made official during last night's City Council meeting.

I fully understand both the depth and the scope of this appointment. It is certainly not one I will take lightly, nor take for granted. Helping to guide the effective, responsible development of this city will be my top priority during every meeting and vote.

I'm proud to be in a position to help make decisions from a citizenry-perspective. I have no ties to any developer, realtor, bank nor law firm.

My pledge to you and to the citizens of this city is that I will be fair and non-biased, that I will consider all sides of an argument, but more importantly--that I will be an effective listener.

And while I may not blog on immediate issues forthcoming before the Board, either by choice or by request, I will continue to have an open mind...and an open door.

I appreciate, value and treasure your support, past, present and future. We will not always agree, but civility and common respect is treasured more than anything.

E.C. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erik.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations EC. I know you will do a great job. Of course I would rather see you somewhere where you would have more influence, but this may be a beginning. Wish we had more honest, sincerely concerned people like you interested in public service. Brenda Bowers

Brian Clarey said...

Man, now you've gone and done it... We'll be calling sooner or later.

Erik "E.C." Huey said...

Call anytime, YES! Weekly.

And to the others...thanks for the kind words. This was unexpected, but I'm looking forward to this exciting role.