Friday, March 13, 2009

Operation Tax Refund: Story Links for 3/13/09

Six weeks after I filed my incomes taxes, I finally received my long-awaited refund. For someone who doesn't make a lot of money, it couldn't have come at a more urgent time.

But many North Carolinans are still waiting. And your state government remains silent on the issue.


See this LTTE in today's N&R:

Regarding the story, “Money crunch forces N.C. to delay release of tax refund checks” (March 6):
Isn’t that nice? Raleigh is pretty unforgiving when you are late with your taxes or had taxes under-withheld. Penalties and interest are due for sure. I will be adjusting my W2 to make sure neither state nor federal owes me any money.
Sadly, you cannot trust your government anymore to keep its household in order.

Peter Zurcher
Greensboro

**********************
E.C. :)

No comments: