Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why I resigned from the city's Planning Board

It is with deep sadness and regret that I tendered my resignation
from the Greensboro Planning Board effective immediately. Sadly,
recent personal events in my family have ultimately led to this sudden
and untimely decision.

One of which is the personal, yet-shocking discovery that several of
my maternal family members are victims in the recent and
widely-publicized disinterment of deceased individuals at a
Chicago-area cemetery. While the true horror of this discovery is
starting to settle in, I suddenly now find myself becoming immensely involved in working
with family members and both law enforcement officials and legal
experts in finding answers, which will be a time consuming effort.

In addition, my family is one of many in the Triad that struggles to
survive paycheck to paycheck, working in a service-oriented economy.
While I consider myself part of Greensboro's dwindling "creative
class," I'm finding myself needing to rededicate more time to securing
better employment, even if it is outside of the Piedmont Triad. While
I would hate to relocate, our family may not have much choice if our
local economy fails to improve quickly, nor if an adequate number of
jobs that I'm degreed for are not brought into the area.

Because I'm involved with these two pressing issues, it is unfair to
the citizens of Greensboro to provide the necessary leadership
required when pressing family concerns warrant my immediate attention.

While my tenure was short, I appreciated serving the citizens of this city.

May God truly bless the citizens of Greensboro and Guilford County.

E.C. :)

No comments: